 Off-Topic / Geek / 4887
Re: Universal Universal remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:16:23 GMT

My iPaq has NEVO remote software that will allow you to control just
about anything (except, apparently, the Mindstorms RCX).  I have it
set up for several tv's in local restaurants because they are always
too loud or showing something meaningless (baseball, golf, etc.).  It
works quite well and is loads of fun.

As for societal norms, which action is worse: Shutting off a device
that is an obnoxious noise source, visual magnet, conversation killer
and attention grabber, or installing such a device in the first place?

It's a rhetorical question, but worth thinking about.

-Jon

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftware.DOT.com>
wrote:

I think I want one of these: :-)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=738&e=1&u=/ap/20041020/ap_on_hi_te/tv_be_gone

I wonder what the societal norms about turning off TVs without permission will
evolve to be?