 Off-Topic / Geek / 4885 (-10)
  Re: Sonar question

(...) ***snip*** (...) Good info--thanks. It started out as an idle curiosity, but then I really got to wondering about it. (...) That's what I get for leaving out the 8^) You'll probably poo-poo my plan to install a screen door on the airlock, too. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Sonar question

(...) Only if there are sufficient holes in the obstacle to allow the sonar to read objects through them. You should be able to read another object through a chain-link fence, but not a privacy fence with overlapping boards. (...) Sound waves bounce (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Universal Universal remote

I think I want one of these: :-) (URL) wonder what the societal norms about turning off TVs without permission will evolve to be? (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Sonar question

Can sonar "see" around objects? Can it detect, for example, a sub hiding on the other side of a reef or similar underwater obstacle? Here's why I'm asking: The kitchenette in my office is around the corner and down a hall, so I can't see when (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Worst Scheduler Ever

(...) Hey, as long as you got paid twice.... (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Worst Scheduler Ever

(...) I had the wonderful experience of being part of a team that switched to the software back when I used to work in web hosting support. Appearently, it was going to be used to make sure that we had only enough support staff on hand for the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Worst Scheduler Ever

Does anyone else suffer under the benighted corporate monstrosity known as Blue Pumpkin? I'd be gratified to hear of others' frustrations with this idiotic piece of pseudo-useful software. Thanks. Dave! (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.people)

  Re: Insert Tab A into...wait, which one's Slot B?

(...) No. Why would you think so? Most(1) government RFPs state "award will be made to the offer which demonstrates the best overall value to the government considering price, technical merit and past performance." I'd say LM's past performance is (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Insert Tab A into...wait, which one's Slot B?

(URL) for Lockheed Martin. I'd wonder how many contracts NASA would be throwing their way, but as a government agency, aren't they sorta required to always go with the lowest bid? (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: SourceForge Questions

(...) Works perfectly, thanks. Not having to answer that question a bunch of times makes like a little easier! Thanks, Mike (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact