 Off-Topic / Geek / 4878
Re: Insert Tab A into...wait, which one's Slot B?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 02:52:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, David Laswell wrote:
   Bummer for Lockheed Martin. I’d wonder how many contracts NASA would be throwing their way, but as a government agency, aren’t they sorta required to always go with the lowest bid?

No. Why would you think so?

Most(1) government RFPs state “award will be made to the offer which demonstrates the best overall value to the government considering price, technical merit and past performance.”

I’d say LM’s past performance is going to start to weigh against them in future bidding awards.

If you use Google to search with the string “nasa required to go with lowest bidder” you’ll find lots of interesting results.

XFUT off.topic.debate

1 - At least most of the ones I’ve personally helped fill out the responses to do not say lowest bidder wins. Perhaps most of the ones you’ve responded to don’t, I can’t say.