 Off-Topic / Geek / 4715 (-5)
  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) Such customized feeds don't work well as RSS. I can certainly imagine some pre-selected filters, and a few seperate feeds - but having a feed generated just for a specific user won't work well. For the Peeron Sidebar though, it would. And it's (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) I think there's a LOT of value add in RSS feeds, in general, but not this one, not at this time, it's too raw. I would want to see some stuff filtered out, somewhere. I'm keen to see if someone can provide a mechanimsm for configurable (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) I dunno - about 20% from my logs. How many of those users actually use IE6 to read RSS? Probably very close to 0%. As it makes really no sense to try to consume an RSS feed in a web browser. (Though mozilla does have some extensions that allow (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) Like IE 6.0, for example? What percentage of users use it? Pretty high, isn't it? I find it frustrating that developers either have to allow for MS broken-ness, or disenfranchise a bunch of users, most of whom want nothing to do with pro/anti (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) I for one am totally hooked on RSS as a way to keep up with site I visit frequently. In one RSS news reader session of 10 minutes, I "visit" the 40+ blogs I frequent daily. And with notifications when new stuff is posted, it's SO much easier (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact