 Off-Topic / Geek / 4663
Re: open relay??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:10:26 GMT

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:58:30PM +0000, Bill Ward wrote:
I'm not sure what to do about the Bayesian probability, but the other
two are cause for alarm - is LUGNET using an open relay?

The way pair sets up their servers, they don't go through any mail
relays before sending out mail - and since that IP isn't LUGNET's (or
pair's for that matter), it must be a server between LUGNET and your
mail server.

As far as the Bayesian probability, you can teach it what's spam and
what isn't - my SA reports it as 0% spam, since it already learned.
Teach it by feeding spam msgs to:

  /usr/bin/sa-learn --spam

and non-spam messages to:

  /usr/bin/sa-learn --ham