 Off-Topic / Geek / 464
  Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) Hmm, it's kind of crippled without cookie support, isn't it. Not that I'm a fan of the way so many sites mis-use cookies, but when they're used the right way, cookies are a goshdarn excellent browser feature. --Todd [followups to .publish] (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) Darn, saw the subject and thought I was headed toward a composing program. Visions of Verdi, Bellini, Donizetti, Wagner, Strauss and Puccini were dancing in my head. Bummer. Ed "still fighting with one hand" Jones (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) I'm no Opera advocate, I just like the stuff about it that works. And enough about it works that I almost bought it. Let them fix a few more important things and I'll stop using IE for good. (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) I hope it has cookie support. Otherwise, there's somthing kinda scary aboutthis COOKIES.DAT in my user directory! Seriously, I have Opera 3.60 and it works beautifully. It has JavaScript with an amazing feature: You can have JavaScript on for (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) Hey! I see a cookies.dat file in my user directory too. That's very interesting. Hmm. Darn thing's binary (boo! hiss!) but anyway, as far as I can tell, the cookies feature in Opera 3.60 is forgen borken. If you know how to make 'em work, I'd (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) What sites are these? I'll try them with mine. (...) Mine does it just fine. How were these tags used? It passed this short test with flying black-on-grey: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Definition List Test</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY> <DL> <DT>Spoon</DT> <DD>A (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) I can't give out the URLs because they're private LUGNET-admin pages, but one that you could test which uses the same cookie-storage code is this: (URL) guess is: If a website named www.foo.com sends a cookie labled .foo.com, that Opera (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Opera Software browser (was: Re: MSIE5 security hole)

(...) Could you modify your cookies so that it used www.lugnet.com instead of .lugnet.com? So that at least _one_ site is compatible with Opera ;^) I'm getting pretty sick of typing my name/address in the web interface. (...) It seems to do unclosed (...) (25 years ago, 12-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)