 Off-Topic / Geek / 4625
4624  |  4626
Subject:
skirting port blocking?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:28:37 GMT

I have wifi access at my school with my laptop, but the school's network blcoks
port 25, so I can't connect to my SMTP servers to send mail there. They only
allow people to connect through their server, for 'security reasons.' Since I
spend a significant amount of my day at school getting work done, this is quite
an inconvenience for me.

Short of lobbying to change school policy (which I want to do, this school is
too dang expensive to not be able to send mail through my client), is there any
way I can get around this?

Thanks!

-Tim