 Off-Topic / Geek / 4322
Re: If you watch Matrix2.0...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 02:31:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:

but yes, it was cool.  insecure.org is collecting screenshots of that
scene - understandably.  When was the last time an opensource project
(nmap) was featured on a big budget movie? :)

Gnome in Antitrust.

Just to keep this thread going....   Antitrust, I would hope featured some
sort of open source software.  The whole plot was about a major company
stealing open sources and using them for their own profit.  And the ultimate
slam being that the kid broadcasted the source for the big software release
the company was banking on.  Wouldn't it be intresting if under all our
noses, AIM or MS messenger even Real was monitoring all our activities on
our computers and learning all our secrets and reporting them back to Bill
Gates so he can use them to take over the world?  Hmm....  wait I think I
hear something outside, there's a strange SUV out there.  Wait who are you?
NO DON'T!!!  HELP!!! THEY FOUND ME!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!!