 Off-Topic / Geek / 4130 (-5)
  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Hey! I love that music, and all the sound effects, and all the voice actors! I have replayed them daily for .. um .. 26 years! Scary, huh? (plays Sting sound effect - oops, Time Warner deleted that from the movies.) Actually Elrond is a bit of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: A space physics question

Great reply. I've got to resolve this. Sorry I let it go but I was trying to keep my weird idea under wraps...not very cool considering how much interest I drummed up. Read this chat transcript and it might be more clear: (URL) j o n ] -- | Lego - (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space)

  Re: A space physics question

(...) SNIP (...) Why not just artificial singularities instead of pulleys? Place pairs of singularities orbiting around each other in a ring pattern. the orbital plane of each pair is perpendicular & equidistant to the center anchor singularity. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space)

  Re: A space physics question

(...) Imagine a thread. A really interesting thread. The thread gets started but is arranged in a linear fashion, so that none of the responses are responded to. Apparently linear isn't as interesting as a zig zag pattern, so the thread appears to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space)

  Re: URL: Fifty Innovations Driven By NSF Research Funding

(...) Oh and, from this article: The vBNS is only available for meritorious research projects with high-bandwidth uses and is not used for general Internet traffic. Y'know, like students swapping movies before they've come out in theaters, that sort (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact