 Off-Topic / Geek / 4059
Re: Firefly Fans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:34:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jason Maxwell writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Allan Bedford writes:

Well.... I sat through an entire episode tonight, on purpose.  :)

Was I the only one who watched it the other night?  Oh boy, there go the
ratings.  ;)

No comments from anyone?

Allan

I've watched every episode.  Best new show this season.  FOX announced
yesterday that even though it's getting low ratings (approx. 3.0) it has
given the go ahead on two more episodes, with the decision about the rest of
the season to come in a couple of weeks.

I agree with the post earlier in the thread that Joss Whedon shows take a
season to get going (as do most SF TV shows).  Still, it's good to see a
mainstream SF show that isn't the drek being churned out by Berman and Braga
with the Star Trek label stuck on it.  I think last week's Enterprise may
have been the last straw for me on that series...

Space:  Above and Beyond went, what, 2-3 seasons?
Earth 2, can't remember if it made an entire season
What was that other one--Space Rangers--a few years back?
Ahh, Firefly is like a breath of fresh air.  I do appreciate the ST
franchise, but when B5 came along, ST went from an almost-obsession to just
appreciate.

Firefly reminds me of B5--there is a darker seedier side to human nature and
everything ain't clean and pristine in space.

I've caught 2 full eps and parts of a few (keep forgetting to turn on the TV
at 8 p.m. on Friday) and I like the 20th century feel to it.  Doorknobs are
not going to disappear anytime soon.

I hope Firefly gets a chance to make it.

I think it will.  I read today on aintitcool.com that they've greenlighted
another couple of episodes for production, so they're going to make a full
season.

Adrian