 Off-Topic / Geek / 4056
Re: Firefly Fans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:37:55 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:
Well.... I sat through an entire episode tonight, on purpose.  :)

I watched just over half the episode on friday, and I think I've watched
one or two epidoses a few weeks ago.

I can't say that it made a 'fan' out of me.  I'd still take Enterprise over
this show anytime.  However, I still love the concept, though not some of
the details.

Watching the show is a good way to pass an hour but I don't think I will
ever follow it.  I don't feel anything for the characters at all, unlike
a few of the characters on Enterprise.  I'd actually rather watch
Stargate SG-1 over Firefly.  However, the opening credits are brilliant
and beautiful.

3)  The fact that most everything on the ground looks like present day
artifacts doesn't jive with the 500 years in the future story line.  Take a
look at how Blade Runner extrapolated modern ideas into the near future and
you can see that this show misses when trying to add a few centuries to the
timeline.

This is one of my biggest nitpicks with the show as well.  The chain
hoists in the cargo bay(?) really bother me, although I can see why they
are there.

-chris