 Off-Topic / Geek / 3955 (-5)
  Re: BBS systems and Planet Busters

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snipped stuff about the BBS scene and my game, Planet Busters> Well we are at an intergame point again, if you have an interest in playing this blast from the past (and possibly trouncing me at (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  The first smiley?

Possibly apocryphal, possibly not really the first but an interesting story of computer archeaology nontheless: (URL) got the URL from an old IBMers mailing list I am on) I don't think it has anything to do with MS other than that's where the story (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Robert L. Forward 1932-2002

Robert L. Forward 1932-2002 Robert Forward, physicist, might be known to you as the author of Dragon's Egg (1987), a hard sf novel in which humans communicate with accelerated lifeforms on the surface of a neutron star and affect their history. SFWA (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Switch LEGO Style

Stumbled across this while reading my Mac news sites. Not hilarious, but amusing: (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The ultimate computer peripheral

(...) Now that's dissapointing...how can Hubzilla wreak havok upon the Disneyland Indiana Jones figure that lives on my desk? Still damn funny though. Matt (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact