 Off-Topic / Geek / 3936
Bulk Purchases: 100 lb too small
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:26:13 GMT

The "funny" column of the WSJ today (9/10/02) tells how Adult Fans of Silly
Putty organized bulk purchases and annoyed Dow Chemical with small 100lb
orders. "Ten pounds is bigger than your head" says Jeff Kivert. But fans
express frustration with the 1/2oz quantity sold at retail and some mix
their own colors.