 Off-Topic / Geek / 3937
Re: Bulk Purchases: 100 lb too small
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:32:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Erik Olson writes:
The "funny" column of the WSJ today (9/10/02) tells how Adult Fans of Silly
Putty organized bulk purchases and annoyed Dow Chemical with small 100lb
orders. "Ten pounds is bigger than your head" says Jeff Kivert. But fans
express frustration with the 1/2oz quantity sold at retail and some mix
their own colors.

Heh.  This is particularly amusing to me, as I work at the other end of the
line.  If I had a window, I could look at the production tanks that Dow uses
as temporary storage before loading and shipping.  100 lbs isn't just small,
it's negligable. :)

James
(resident printer guy at Dow WCO)