 Off-Topic / Geek / 3935
Re: Farscape Cancelled-Geeks Up In Arms!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 04:24:19 GMT

Hey I'm right here with ya (or your wife).  I have no cable (or reception
for that matter) and hate TV but I love Farscape and try to keep up with it
via downloads.

While I think this is terrible that they are canceling it I'm really not
surprised at all because the show really is "too good for TV".

I met Virginia Hey at a Con awhile ago and talked to her about how I felt
that quite a bit of Jim Henson's creativity/legacy had been brought to the
show.  It really gets me to hear that they are tearing down Moya as we
speak.

I'd love to think that the petitions and campaigns to save the show would
help, but I just don't know.

:-(

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| My Lego Creations - http://zemi.net/lego

"Matthew Gerber" <Matthew@BlockType.com> wrote in message
All these geeks at LUGNET, and no one has posted about this yet? Amazing.

The news is that SciFi Channel has cancelled Farscape, as announced in a
chat with series staff.

If you are a fan of the show (like my wife...I find it pretty
incomprehensible for the most part, and that's coming from a sci-fi fan!)
you'll likely want to join in the old-school "save Star Trek" type • campaigns
shaping up around the web.

Here's some links:

http://www.farscapeweekly.com/cancelled.htm

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=13209