 Off-Topic / Geek / 3885 (-10)
  Re: Prime Numbers (was: Big Quantum computer designed at UW Madison)

(...) it's a composite number, which happens to have 2 prime factors, not three or so on, so, if anything it might be a first level of composite. this seems to be a friendly starting point: (URL) linear differential equations: boy am I rusty at (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Prime Numbers (was: Big Quantum computer designed at UW Madison)

(...) Cast iron--they don't make 'em like that anymore! Dave K (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Prime Numbers (was: Big Quantum computer designed at UW Madison)

(...) I believe those are the Optimus Primes. Dave! (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Prime Numbers (was: Big Quantum computer designed at UW Madison)

(...) Speaking of prime numbers..., does anyone know if there is a special name for number whose two factors are each prime numbers? For instance, 3 and 17 are prime, an their product is 51. Is there a special term for the number 51, since the only (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Light is getting slower...

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Ross Crawford writes: Hey, so am I! :-/ -John (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Big Quantum computer designed at UW Madison

For fans of dots in a regular grid, meet the 50nm scale: (URL) computer called possible with today's tech My understanding: Using design rules for conventional chip fabrication, researchers at University of Wisconsin (Madison) have simulated a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Light is getting slower...

(...) As usual Davies is exaggerating. His junior partner Lineweaver is a little more rational. How big is the difference calculated? (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Light is getting slower...

(URL) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: My identity has been stolen

Dr. Hayes. We moved here a few years ago from Texas. One of my friends girlfriends worked for Gelband until his.......incident. EJ (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: My identity has been stolen

(...) Too wierd, we have another thing in common.. I did my undergrad and Masters at UF... I worked with Dr Gelband and Dr Harrison, who's your advisor? Felix (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact