 Off-Topic / Geek / 3882
3881  |  3883
Subject:
Prime Numbers (was: Big Quantum computer designed at UW Madison)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:09:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Erik Olson writes:
--

With a quantum computer of this size, the challenges will be programming it
and reading the results. I'm not too clear on what the programs are expected

Speaking of prime numbers..., does anyone know if there is a special name
for number whose two factors are each prime numbers? For instance, 3 and 17
are prime, an their product is 51. Is there a special term for the number
51, since the only way you can get it by multipying is by multiplying primes?
Maybe call it a second-order prime?
Curious,

--Electro--