 Off-Topic / Geek / 3671
3670  |  3672
Subject:
Netscape Time Display Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 03:13:34 GMT

Let's try this in lugnet.off-topic.geek:

Frank Filz wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.test, Frank Filz writes:
This message is being posted at about 10:40 Pacific Standard Time.

Err, that's Pacific DAYLIGHT Time...

Hmm, my system clock claims it's about 10:40, and is set to Pacific Time. When
I display the headers in Netscape, the time on these messages shows as about
5:40 GMT, which does correspond to 10:40 PDT. The problem is that the message
list window in Netscape is showing about 1:40 for the time (which is EDT, which
corresponds to what should have been correct for my machine in Raleigh).

So, the question is how do I get Netscape to recognize that the time is Pacific
not Eastern (or is there an additional setting in Windows which I'm not getting
updated correctly).

Of course Netscape POSTED the message correctly (the first was posted using
Netscape, the 2nd and this one using the web interface).