 Off-Topic / Geek / 3616
  Re: lego turing machine

(...) An interesting idea, but the pedant and geek in me has to note that this isn't a Turing machine. Even ignoring Turing's original idea that the tape is infinite, the problem is that the Turing machine placed its output back on the tape. It (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: lego turing machine

Hi JDF, Thanks for the feedback. I know it's not a Turing machine in the true sense, but let me tell you what I'm trying to do. At the moment I realize that I have built a sort of binary adder. But what I am currently implementing is a change in (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: lego turing machine

(...) I got to thinking, maybe this isn't so impossible after all. Imagine if you used 2x2 blocks with 2x2 tiles on top. Now you have something the RCX can lift. Run two pieces of train track parallel to each other, with four spots' width separating (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  USB Tower Software without RIS2.0 install

(...) Just run "ReinstallUsbTower.exe" from the CD or copy all files that begin with ltower plus "ReinstallUsbTower.exe" and "TowerApi.dll" to another location (< 350K) and run Reinstall. You do not have to load the remaining RIS2.0 software. -- (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: USB Tower Software without RIS2.0 install

(...) Why so complicated? Just plug in the tower, reboot, Windows will ask for a driver, point it to the CD, voila. Actually this is the procedure recommended by LEGO _before_ installing RIS, so you just skip that second step. Jürgen (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: USB Tower Software without RIS2.0 install

The USB tower on my desk has a small tag near the plug which states "Do not plug the USB-tower before the RIS 2.0 CD-rom is installed." And the box arrived with a yellow slip of paper with the same instructions. I do understand the RIS 2.0 SDK (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)