 Off-Topic / Geek / 3575 (-5)
  Re: Norton Ghost vs. Drive Image vs. ??

(...) Dan's advice about installing from scratch is good. But I've also thought of another work-around. A bit more time consuming, but it should work. If you boot from the new drive, since it has 2000 on it, you could dump the contents of the old (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Norton Ghost vs. Drive Image vs. ??

Well, we used an older version of Ghost at PGP, and it was good for what we used it for - restoring a standard image to a pc. This is not what you're asking though, since you want to restore the image contents, but not the drive geometry. You might (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Norton Ghost vs. Drive Image vs. ??

(...) That helps a lot! Thanks! I guess I'm sort of stuck then as I only have one machine with only one internal drive and one external caddy (these are laptop drives). I HAD two machines as late as last week but turned one in. (however I did't have (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Norton Ghost vs. Drive Image vs. ??

(...) Speaking as someone who has much experience with Norton's Ghost, I have to say that I like it a lot. I haven't used Drive Image, so I can't say anything about it. I haven't used the latest version, so some of what I'm about to say may be (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Norton Ghost vs. Drive Image vs. ??

Well my current HD has gotten a bit too small (or I've got a bit too much crud, er, useful stuff packratted away).. I've lined up a larger one, and I have an extra drive cradle so I can put both in my laptop at once (as well as an external floppy to (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact