 Off-Topic / Geek / 3564
3563  |  3565
Subject:
Drawing triangles in a Z buffer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 04:42:56 GMT

Hey all,

In trying to implement a LDraw renderer I've been scouring the web looking
for raster-painting algorithms.  While I've found plenty of line-drawing
algorithms (the Bresenham seems to be pretty nice) I haven't found squat for
drawing a filled triangle or quad.

I've pretty much figured out how to draw a triangle in 2d based on the
Bresenham line-drawing algorithm, but I'm frankly stumped when it comes to
the z-buffer.  What I *do* have is absolutely riddled with floating-point
divides, and doesn't quite work anyway (having incorrectly determined the
z-slope of the triangle in order to determine the z-depth at an arbitrary
point).

Does anyone have an algorithm they'd be willing to share?

Alternatively, is there a specific keyword I should search for that would
help me find what I need in Google or AltaVista?

Cheers,
- jsproat