 Off-Topic / Geek / 3435 (-5)
  Re: Digital Camera?

(...) Yes, as has been mentioned, a closeup macro is a very important feature for photographing LEGO. Also, take note of the focus depth. A few months ago I was helping one of my fellow SEALUG'ers investigate cameras, and I think we found that the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Digital Camera?

(...) Definitely. It's also good to have one that takes good pictures in low light, since you want to avoid using a flash with lego. (Too shiny.) Check out (URL) for good digital camera reviews. (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Digital Camera?

(...) pictures." (...) I don't really have any suggestions, just some pointers... we use a Mavica-FD88 for all our pictures, and found that for LEGO, a macro capability is very very important - zoom much less so. We also like saving the data to a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Digital Camera?

I'm looking into picking up a digital camera and thought some of us here might have some good suggestions. I'm a very casual photographer, so I don't need built-in X-ray lenses or anything, but can someone recommend a good value in the neighborhood (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  newsticker

Dunno if anyone will be interested in this, but I wrote a small newsticker app: (URL) designed as a netscape6/mozilla sidebar, but can work on any browser - if you cannot use sidebars, it'll just pop up as a new window. :) Dan (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact