 Off-Topic / Geek / 3384
Re: Help! Possessed monitor!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:06:39 GMT

About a year ago I had exaclty the same problem with a Mitsubishi Diamond
Pro 720 (supposedly one of the best brands).  The lil' bugger started to do
the blinky after you'd left it on for a few minutes.  Until one day I tried
to turn it on and it blinked out immediately (along with some frighteningly
spectacular arching from the power button accompanied by that
burnt-out-wire-insultation-smell).  RIP one monitor!  And guess
what....that's right, the warranty had just expired!!!  WHAT A
COINCIDENCE!!!    : \

Your moniter is now dead and in monitor heaven!!!   There is nothing wrong
with your PC or video card.  Computer hardware companies are now ripping us
off with hardware with inbuilt decrepancies, so they only last as long as
the warranty.  I've got a ol' 486 and I have never had to replace ANY parts
including the wee 10" Ultrascan Plus monitor.

Dude, looks like you're going shopping for new monitor!  Remember to see how
long the warranty is next time, then you'll know how long it will last
before buying a new one.   ; )

Darth Joules