 Off-Topic / Geek / 3380 (-10)
  Re: Using LDGLite with Xvfb

(...) well, we could try it with VNC - if you got LDGlite to work now? :) Dan (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Using LDGLite with Xvfb

(...) Making the screen even wider was not a practical solution. There is a screen width limit somewhere between 2048 and 4096 pixels. Now I simply made Xvfb work with a 2048 by 2048 pixel display: Xvfb :9 -screen 2048x2048x24 -ac This gives (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Using LDGLite with Xvfb

I have experimented a bit with using Xvfb as X server for LDGLite. It seems to work, but there are some things to be aware of. I start Xvfb with the command: Xvfb :9 -screen 0 2048x1280x24 -ac "-ac" means that there is no access control. That's kind (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Online Tone Generator?

We (ok, I) managed to detune our zither and now, since we are not particularly musical, we are seeking a tone generator so we have something to start from. Surely there has to be one out there? We found this ((URL) dulcimer guide but what I am (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Homestead: No longer free

Dear Everyone, I'm very sorry that I have delivered this information so late, much to my demise Homestead is charging money for their websites. It is a small fee but if you don't want to waste good money that you could be spending on Legos I'd (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Brickshelf downloader (Perl script)

Hey all, I've uploaded my beta Brickshelf downloaded perl script. You can see it here: (URL) you have perl installed and would like to play with it, please feel free. It currently relies on the following libraries (found on CPAN if not the core Perl (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: test

(...) Hi Elena, is this really a test? Just in case you actually want an answer I'm redirecting to o-t.geek. Maggie C. (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  webcams

Does anyone know the macro capabilities of the LogiTech QuickCam® Pro 3000? Or can recommend other good webcams with reasonable close-up capacity? Thanks -chris (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: PC Troubleshooting...

(...) anyway. (...) One other thing you may want to check is that the CPU fan's working OK, and the thermal connection is good. IIRC Pentium IIIs shut down when they overheat. Regards ROSCO (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: PC Troubleshooting...

(...) Soft boot generally refers to ctrl-alt-del or rebooting via software (which Windoze generally does every time you make a change to the system 8?() Hard boot is pressing the reset button (reboot using hardware). Using the on/off switch is (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact