 Off-Topic / Geek / 3354
Re: Macintosh Form Processing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 02:09:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Christopher Tracey writes:
I've been volunteered to build a website for a conference that is being
held on my college campus.  The website will have a registration page so
that the attendees will be able to register online.  Sounds easy, right.

The space I have to host the site is on a Macintosh web server.  I don't
know a thing about form processing on a Mac.  Everylink I've found
regarding this is from 1996 or discountinued... The server admin thinks
it will run perl scripts, but isn't sure.

So here's my question:
Is it easy to run a cgiform that will produce a database (and email
results) on a Mac?
Can it be done in perl?
If no to the above questions, is there a free form processing service
that is reliable and relatively banner free?

If it's really important, and you have access to it, I would recommend going
the Acrobat route...then you have zero cross-platform issues with the forms,
and can build your database from there.

You will need the full Acrobat package, of course, so it's best if you
already own it of have access to it. If necessary, Kinko's loads the full
version on all of their self-serve machines.

Matt