 Off-Topic / Geek / 3353
3352  |  3354
Subject:
Macintosh Form Processing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 01:43:02 GMT

I've been volunteered to build a website for a conference that is being
held on my college campus.  The website will have a registration page so
that the attendees will be able to register online.  Sounds easy, right.

The space I have to host the site is on a Macintosh web server.  I don't
know a thing about form processing on a Mac.  Everylink I've found
regarding this is from 1996 or discountinued... The server admin thinks
it will run perl scripts, but isn't sure.

So here's my question:
Is it easy to run a cgiform that will produce a database (and email
results) on a Mac?
Can it be done in perl?
If no to the above questions, is there a free form processing service
that is reliable and relatively banner free?

thanks
-chris