 Off-Topic / Geek / 3300 (-10)
  Re: Font on Mecha Hall of Fame?

Hahahaha!!! Yes! Couldnt be better put. -John (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Camera question

(...) I also have magnifying mirrors too but 5" and use them to get Highlights. White Card(board) and Black Cards to adjust too. (URL) are from two 5"-Mag-mirrors pointing the sun right in at the gem-domes. Small mirrors can be placed inside or (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: OT StarGate SG-1 (was: Re: Camera question)

(...) The NLSO asked me to make a SG-I MOC and I have to admit that I avoid the show. As to the hand maybe he got better? Altern-Universe? Teal'c was hungry??? Glad it amused you. Best DaveG (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  OT StarGate SG-1 (was: Re: Camera question)

(...) I've got to ask: (URL) see the guy in the back is Teal'c (Great use of the coin BTW), and I'm assuming the one in from is supposed to be a Serpent Guard, but who's the guy in the middle? Dr. Jackson wears a floppy hat like that. If so, what's (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Camera question

Fantastic idea... Do the mirrors create little spots of light, or does the light diffuse enough not to be noticed? I imagine that there would be “hot spots” from the mirrors... I bet you get a more diffused light from the aluminum foil idea... Both (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Camera question

(...) Mirrors Must have mirrors. Lots of 1$ small makeup mirrors. (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Math/Optics Problem

(...) Ahhh-- so perhaps I've been getting stuck on photography terminology. I had assumed the "focus" in Shiri's response to relate to the fuzziness of the resulting image, not the "focal length" which affects the zoom level. That makes just about (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

(...) I think it depends somewhat on the general nature of the model. A technic model (for example) would need to be functional and structurally strong, but color wouldn't matter as much. And a "model" (like the statue of liberty, etc) would need a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Hi. just wanted to note that I'm updating colors with Steve. My page may change soon, though not dramatically. -Suz (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Camera question

Here's another lighting idea you might consider. If you are in an area that gets plenty of sunlight, consider homemade reflectors. Materials needed: aluminum foil, glue (I've found spray-on helpful), a utility knife, a rolling pin (or something (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact