 Off-Topic / Geek / 3276
Re: Math/Optics Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:28:25 GMT

David:

#1 Will the fisheye constant be consistant for the same camera?

No.

#2 If not, will it at least be constant for the same zoom level?

No.

#3 are there any other "missing pieces" to the formula?

Yes: Focus (I think).

#4 what is the formula for figuring out the distance between the two objects?

dist. from camera = (fisheye const.)*(actual height)/(photo
height)
                      + (small obscure camera dependent
constant)

Since you only ask about the relative distance, the "small
doesn't matter.

#5 can I use that same formula to find out how far away from the *camera*
the objects are?

Yes, but then you have to figure out the value of the "small
obscure camera dependent constant" .

Jacob
--
http://hugin.ldraw.org/Jacob/edb/digitale_nyheder
Om redaktørens opgave på internetnyhedstjenester.