 Off-Topic / Geek / 3215 (-10)
  LEGO mentioned in U-F today. (07/23/01)

:) (URL) a lotta Mindstorms! James (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: PHP help...

(...) what you need to do is set either the owner or the group of the directory to the webserver's user (nobody, www, apache, whatever). Once that is done, you can give permissions to the server to write to the directory. In general, no user can (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  PHP help...

Hi all, I need to be able to write files (for example, thumbnail images) to a directory using a PHP script. The problem is I'd rather not give world write access to the thumbnail directory. Is there a way I can change users inside the PHP script so (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Creating a webpage Was Re: 12 of my favorite pictures of Legoland, CA

(...) Hey Brendan! I have found one of the best places to start with a webpage is to look at www.webmonkey.com. It has almost everything you need to learn HTML, etc. I just use Windows Notepad for most of my code writing. Pages don't have to be (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Creating a webpage Was Re: 12 of my favorite pictures of Legoland, CA

(...) <snipped away Brendan's nine excuses> Not to be trite or anything, but "Just do it!" Now while you're on vacation. It won't be absolutely perfect to begin with-- heck, I was tickled to even create a page that only had text! Here was a webpage (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Creating a webpage Was Re: 12 of my favorite pictures of Legoland, CA

Hello! (...) I really don't have a clue where to start with a webpage. It just seems like it will take forever and there are so many details to mess with...details that I think will end up forgetting in the long run that will be crucial to the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Creating a webpage Was Re: 12 of my favorite pictures of Legoland, CA

(...) <pared away a bit here> (...) Speaking as a clueless non-geek type, it isn't really that hard. Presumably you have a place to host your webpage. I would find out all the info they have first. Often they have ways you can create webpages (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: WHOO WHOO!!!

(...) Are you talking about the new UI change? My first impression is that it might actually be useable now. Performance has *vastly* improved. I haven't decided what to think of the new UI, but overall it certainly doesn't seem worse than before. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LDraw

Ross: (...) Y100P, if you are in a hurry. ;-) Jacob (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Evolution of Earth and moon (was: Couldn't resist)

(...) I thought that the whole point of a laser is that it doesn't - it's a directed beam of parallel waves of light. The inverse square law is for a diverging beam. As distance from the source increases, the area the beam is spread over increases (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact