 Off-Topic / Geek / 3212
Re: Creating a webpage Was Re: 12 of my favorite pictures of Legoland, CA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 05:40:29 GMT

I really don't have a clue where to start with a webpage.  It just seems
like it will take forever and there are so many details to mess
with...details that I think will end up forgetting in the long run that will
be crucial to the success of my webpage.  I have so many ideas that I want
to do and I see it being absolutely perfect in my mind.  But like I said, I
just don't know where to start.  I would like to get a book but don't know
which one would work best.  At the end of my second year of college (last
year) I picked up Microsoft Frontpage 2000 which I heard was great when
creating a webpage.  Being an Architecture student, I find that I don't have
time to make a webpage.  That is, during the school year I won't have time.
During Christmas break and summer break I could do it though.

The only problem is that I am confused as to where I should begin.  Mabye
the solution is to take some sort of class or at least have someone come and
help me out personally.  I am just not sure!

Brendan

Hey Brendan!

I have found one of the best places to start with a webpage is to look at
www.webmonkey.com.  It has almost everything you need to learn HTML, etc.  I
just use Windows Notepad for most of my code writing.  Pages don't have to
be super and special- simple is wonderful.  That's something I still haven't
managed to master =D.  Other than that "borrowing" other people's code using

Rob McMurray
www.brickwired.com