 Off-Topic / Geek / 3115 (-5)
  Re: recovering lost files

(...) We would never do anything like that. (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: recovering lost files

(...) Hey Chris, Isn't it nice to know that LUGNET folks are going to nag you to do your backups from now on, though? We're like a whole bunch of mothers, standing over your shoulder (say...a new LUGNET motto...). Don't make us have to tell you (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: recovering lost files

Selcuk/Steve Yeh everything has been backed up in several places. I've been slow to do backups of late for a number of reasons. Lack of PC zip disks and getting a new computer and not having the ambition to swap the cd-burner into it. rest assured (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: recovering lost files

I'm happy to hear that you recovered them...:-) Here are some advice: ** Make at least *two* *more* copies of any data you don't want to lost. ** Never Trust Floppies, they are volatile, literally. ** Make your HDD defargmented by using either (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What the *bleep* is Brickfest!? and Flexiclaw, one of my best mechs

(...) Well, okay, this makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Without actually going through the efforts of looking into this, I must wonder about the nature of this software. Is it a self-installing ActiveX control, or is it instead a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact