 Off-Topic / Geek / 3111
Re: What the *bleep* is Brickfest!? and Flexiclaw, one of my best mechs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:32:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, David Eaton writes:
Well-- Comet Systems Inc. is the manufacturer of the software... anyone who
downloads it apparently has their history traced when using MSIE.

Well, okay, this makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.  Without
actually going through the efforts of looking into this, I must wonder about
the nature of this software.  Is it a self-installing ActiveX control, or is
it instead a browser plug-in that one needs to explicitly download and
install in order to be at risk?

Cheers,
- jsproat