 Off-Topic / Geek / 3109
Re: What the *bleep* is Brickfest!? and Flexiclaw, one of my best mechs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:37:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Peter McLoone writes:
Seriously? You mean cometzone is putting trackers on the dude that use it?

Well-- Comet Systems Inc. is the manufacturer of the software... anyone who
downloads it apparently has their history traced when using MSIE.

Oh crud, that stinks... phooie... hmmm.... oh well, I use the AOL browser(
finally a good thing about AOL)

Well, no. AOL is actually a version of MSIE :(

so i have nothing to worry about, and plus
as to how a company that makes funky cursors would use such information is
pointless to me, unless of course to better create cursors to serve the
users,

Honestly, I don't know (nobody knows for SURE) what information is
transmitted. But if you send up your credit card numbers, address, phone
number, whatever, well, there you go. Of course theoretically any of this
information selling can be dealt with if any harm comes out of it (you CAN
tell your credit card company you DIDNT order something-- it's just a GREAT
BIG HASTLE), but it's certainly not friendly.

but they're facing charges so hopefully something'll get done.....

http://www.junkbusters.com/ht/en/comet.html

DaveE