 Off-Topic / Geek / 293
Re: Perl rules!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:19:23 GMT

Don Heyse wrote in message ...
I have many fond memories from those days writing software in 80x86 assembler
using a dual floppy XT.  Today's bloatware just doesn't compare.  Uh, except
EMACS.  Oh yeah, and the graphics are also better today.

What, Eighteen Megs And Constantly Swapping? Ever tried putting emacs on anything
smaller than a CD?

I *hope* it's linux.  If you can hide the "knowledge requirement" behind
an interface suitable for the masses, and keep the power for the others,
then I think it has a chance.

Apparently the latest Caldera is quite good for that - all-GUI install, no
reboots and autodetection of just about everything.

Moz