 Off-Topic / Geek / 2754
Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 00:36:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Christopher Masi writes:
I thought The LEGO Company believed that "Only the Best is Good Enough."
Evidently, they changed their minds...
TLC should hire Steve Jobs!
Steve Jobs? The man who thought that no one would ever need to add
anything to the original Mac so he sealed the case. If he ran LEGO we
might never be able to get into the the box to play with the LEGO. (I
know, not a great analogy, but I am not a huge Jobs fan. He seems like
a great promoter, but I question his leadership.)

I'm not really too worried about what he may or may not have said or thought
or did back in 1983-84 -- it's the recent stuff that counts, IMHO.  Since
Jobs came back to Apple, things have greatly improved.  Jobs has excellent
taste knows how to hire industrial designers with excellent taste.  No other
computer manufacturer even comes remotely close, IMHO.  (And I'm someone who
has always hated Macs.)

PS Been computing with Mac's since 1989 and I have never owned anything
else.

I grew up on my Apple ][, then moved on to the IBM-PC and Windows for a
decade and a half, then on to Linux.  If OSX doesn't suck, there's a good
chance I'll switch back to Apple.  I've never been so blown away in the
computer store before.

--Todd