 Off-Topic / Geek / 2749
Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:30:38 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.trains, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
I feel very strongly that:

Effectiveness is not the same as Quality.
Popularity does not equal Elegance.

Agreed.

Apple Computer, Inc. understands this!

I thought The LEGO Company believed that "Only the Best is Good Enough."

Evidently, they changed their minds...

TLC should hire Steve Jobs!

--Todd

Steve Jobs? The man who thought that no one would ever need to add anything to
the original Mac so he sealed the case. If he ran LEGO we might never be able to
get into the the box to play with the LEGO. (I know, not a great analogy, but I
am not a huge Jobs fan. He seems like a great promoter, but I question his leadership.)

Chris

PS Been computing with Mac's since 1989 and I have never owned anything else.
--
PGP public key available upon request.