 Off-Topic / Geek / 2649
    Interesting audio puzzle —Frank Filz
   Over the weekend I experienced a puzzing thing with my home stereo system. My stereo system includes a powered subwoofer, which started humming when I stepped or stood in various places in my apartment. The stereo was on, but the CD playing was (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Interesting audio puzzle —James Brown
     (...) <snip> (...) A couple things that may or may not help, but might be fun... Place a heavy object in one of the places that appears to generate a constant tone, and stand in another such place. How does that affect the tone? "Jump" in place (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Interesting audio puzzle —Steve Bliss
   (...) Umm, did you verify this with two people in the room? One moving about, one sitting still. It could be that the noise wasn't changing, but as you moved about the room, you were moving in and out of zones where the noise was audible. Sounds a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Interesting audio puzzle —Frank Filz
   (...) No it was just me, but the "hot" spots were definitely on the floor. In some I could rock very slightly and turn on/off the sound. They were also within a few feet of the subwoofer so it seems like there would have to be some real complex wave (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)