 Off-Topic / Geek / 2636
Re: Suggested CD-R(W) Burner programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:35:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mike Stanley writes:
CDRWIN (30 day 1x version - I've owned this for years)
http://www.goldenhawk.com/

It seems to have worked.  However, I couldn't figure out how to just copy >files
to a CD using CDRWIN, so I used the "File Backup and Tools" window.  I guess I
now have a CD with an image of the file I copied (DivX movie--The Rock, >690MB).
I was able to grab the image back off of the CD, but I don't know how to
extract the file from the image.  I also grabbed the demo version of
Nero...maybe that'll be easier to understand.

CDRWIN isn't the most user-friendly program in the world, and it really
isn't designed (or used much) for backing up files.  It's mainly a CD
copying program.  As a matter of fact it was originally known as PSXCopy -
I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out why.

I've only used Nero once or twice.

When I need to copy a CD I use CDRWin.  When I want to create a CD with
random files on it I use Easy CD Creator from Adaptec.