 Off-Topic / Geek / 2468
    Re: broadband finally comes to my part of Knoxville —Matthew Miller
   (...) (2 URLs) The easiest way to go is to get one of the prebuilt disk images from the Steinkuehler site -- just put it in, boot up, configure a few things via the menu-based interface, and go. (...) Well, to be honest, those little boxes are (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: broadband finally comes to my part of Knoxville —Paul Foster
    So what is the advantage to the router versus just putting a $90 ethernet switch on your broadband output device?? Paul (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: broadband finally comes to my part of Knoxville —Dan Boger
   (...) well, a switch won't do dhcp serving, or authunticate you to your provider, or do NATing, firewall, etc... (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)