 Off-Topic / Geek / 2333
  Re: Relativity Question

(...) However, some are moving in a certain way as to make it indistuigishable as to who is moving. i.e. me moving away from the universe is equivalent to universe moving away from me. (...) The equations are equivalent no matter what inertia frame (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Relativity Question

(...) Well, thanks for throwing a monkey wrench into it for me. How do the famous de-synchronized clocks fit into this? Obviously one of them slowed down relative to the other. Do we infer that the ground-based clock decelerated sufficiently to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Relativity Question

(...) observer (...) Acceleration is bad ju-ju, since it isn't accounted for in special relativity. It's only in General Relativity that we get gravity thrown into the mix, and that's taught in grad school. However, from a strictly special (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)