 Off-Topic / Geek / 2047
    Two people seeing two different web sites —Jude Beaudin
   How can two systems, each with a cleared cache, see two different versions of the same web site? Yes, I am talking about the infamous www.lego.com i.e. I have seen references to links in the Lego web site that people have made but I get an under (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Two people seeing two different web sites —Dan Boger
     (...) well, it could be caused by a number of reasons: The web server might actually be serving different versions of the page to different people - according to browser type, how you got there, what ip you have, what cookies you have... etc. If (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Two people seeing two different web sites —Tobbe Arnesson
   (...) To extend the list of resons: They might have changed the IP to the servern in the primary DNS and your computer alt. your DNS haven't got it yet. (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Two people seeing two different web sites —Matthew Miller
   (...) This is probably it in this case. But there's another possibility too: The website name could actually point to multiple web servers, which might be updated at different times. You could even be redirected to different addresses depending on (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)