 Off-Topic / Geek / 2008
Re: Programming Brain Teaser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:03:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Richard Marchetti writes:
Having his supposed answer might help me to make it a more tightly worded
puzzle next time.

Yeah, and maybe I am going to have to kick this guy until he is dead.  His
solution was:

printf("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"); // ;("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz")ftnirp

Which I would like to point out doesn't print anything in the second instance
because it is commented out, of course.  So I don't know, I think there was
some poor wording/slippage in terms of what he specified as the rules and the
desired results of the puzzle vs. his actual solution.  I mean, who doesn't
know you can comment out anything you want to? Boring...

...Now if it actually printed something while violating the rules of syntax
and reserved words -- now that's a trick!

Sheeesh!

-- Richard