 Off-Topic / Geek / 1939
    Re: multi train dogbone —Dan Boger
   (...) You do mean that mpegs are easier to view than avi's right? We use mpegs for several reasons - first of all, that's what the mavica outputs :) And second, I would hate to boot to windows just to view a clip... And third, Jenn would never boot (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)

        Re: multi train dogbone —Matthew Miller
   (...) Yes. Much less hoop-jumping involved. The worst, of course, is Quicktime -- stupid proprietary codec. (It'd be much less of an issue if they'd produce a player for Linux, even a closed-source one. But no.) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)