 Off-Topic / Geek / 1898
  Re: Here's looking at Euclid

(...) You sure about that? Let's say I have a basketball and a baseball. I use a bit of string to make two dots one inch apart on both of them. Are the two balls now the same size? (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Here's looking at Euclid

(...) note (...) I think he means if you know *both* the distance on the circumfrence *and* the straight line. Or maybe he just missed that. But if you know both, then yes, you can. -Shiri (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Here's looking at Euclid

(...) note (...) Well, I'm assuming that we know the coordinates of the two points-- in which case, you'll get slightly different results on the baseball and the basketball... Using the 1 inch string on the basketball will create two points which (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Here's looking at Euclid

Anyway, I'm assuming you know BOTH the distance between the two points (D), AND the distance along the circumference (L)... I just did it again to be totally geeky, without assuming knowledge of x1,y1 and x2,y2: In the equasion: (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)