 Off-Topic / Geek / 18
Re: Test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 17:45:32 GMT

On Wed, 5 May 1999 19:59:18 GMT, Mike Stanley uttered the following
profundities...
Richard Dee <richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net> wrote:
Another great thing about Gravity is if you only want to
respond to a small section of a message, highlight that section,
then hit follow-up, and only that you highlighted is shown!
(And of course anything else you have set up, such as sigs, etc.)

Hrmmm.... I can't see myself giving up slrn since it does almost
everything I want a newsreader to do, but I might have to give Gravity
another looksee.  I know I thought it was not that great before, but I
didn't give it much of a chance either.

'Course, one thing I like about using slrn is that I can read news
anywhere that I have access to my Linux box without having to worry
about pointers or anything else.

I shall brave Linux soon. Had intended to do so on my current
machine, but BIOS doesn't support my 8.4GB HD as the master.
And, try figuring out what motherboard you have to download
the correct BIOS update from a selection of 100's! Would
anyone know the site offhand, which is an FCC/UL registry?
Then I can swap the disks around, and use the 1.6gig for a
Linux drive. (I had been very strongly advised against having
2 partitions on a secondary drive, one for Linux and the
other for ball-and-chain-dows).
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/