 Off-Topic / Geek / 16
    Mailing gateways for newsgroups —Richard Dee
   A question: I have set myself up to receive the lsahs updates via e-mail, as I will be in the US for 2 weeks, and would like to take advantage of the offers, should any be of interest. But that isn't the question! The real question is related, (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Mailing gateways for newsgroups —Thomas Main
     Richard, I'm not sure if i understand your question completely, but www.deja.com (formerly Dejanews) features newsgroups via e-mail. You might check that out. -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

         Re: Mailing gateways for newsgroups —Richard Dee
     On Tue, 11 May 1999 18:14:47 GMT, Thomas Main uttered the following profundities... (...) Unfortunately they don't carry the clari.* newsgroups. :( But thanks for the pointer, anyway. I shall check them regularly, should that situation change. (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Mailing gateways for newsgroups —Jasper Janssen
   (...) You'll need either shell access to a computer or authority to execute CGI scripts from a webpage. Neither of these generally come with an ISP or web-provider account. If you have a shell account somewhere, learn how to use the newsreader they (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)