 Off-Topic / Geek / 1416
Re: A real simple one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 15:52:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Might not work in this case, but this has worked for me before in similar
cases:  Alt-Tab to the app so it gets focus; then use Alt-Space-S to resize
and hold down the Right Arrow key for a second, then the Down Arrow key for
a second, then hit Enter; then use Alt-Space-M and motor around with all four
arrow keys, as needed, bring the app back.

Worked! Thanks. Thanks also for not ranting about how MS was braindead
in how they did resize...

Keyboard support for almost everything (a highly fortuitous legacy feature
left over from Windows 1.0 before mouses) is one of the very few things I
*love* about Windows.  Alt- to get to any app's menu bar (whether it uses
&-underlining in the resource table or not) and Alt-Space to get to the
System menu are _very_ nice, IMHO.

I think under X you can just go in and modify
properties directly to get size and position to change.

I think that might be a chicken-and-the-egg problem, though?  (At least in
Gnome+Enlightenment, I think it is...  Probably not in all of the upper-layer
GUIs...)  You have to first know where to click to get the app's system menu.

--Todd