 Off-Topic / Geek / 1390
1389  |  1391
Subject:
Which Linux?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:06:16 GMT

Hi:

I just pieced together a new computer from parts at local flea markets
(PIII 500/100/128). I installed Win98/2 and am now considering switching
to/adding some type of Linux.

My only previous experiance with UNIX has been with HP-UX at work (a story
youdont want to hear) so I know enough unix to know that I dont know very
much! Anyway I was considering a linux so I could play with perl/databases/etc.

What distribution of Linux would you recommend?
Is it possible to have both Win98 and linux on the same machine?
Can I do this w/o reinstalling Win98?

Thanks