 Off-Topic / Geek / 1387
1386  |  1388
Subject:
Good place to get non-Lego special effects? (Message slightly off topic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:50:31 GMT

I've decided what my next project will be, and it's going to be a five storey
Tudor style hotel. Now I hear you asking "why would he need a special effect
for THIS project?" Well you see, I'm going to blow it up <Hears shouts and
screams> "Blashphemy" I hear you cry? No, I'm not going to actually BLOW it
up, I'm going to blow it up using Photo Majic (Where you can do all sorts of
things to photos) and I need to find a picture of a fireball online. I need to
blow the hotel up for a photo film, a recreation of the book/movie "The
Shining" (I thought my Hotel would look perfect in the role of the Overlook).
As some of you who have read the book know (spoiler) at the end, the Overlook
blows up.  And that's what I plan to recreate. All I need is a picture of a
fireball I can layer onto my hotel. So if anyone knows where I can get
pictures of special effects onlne (For free) please respond to this message.

Erin