 Off-Topic / Geek / 1179
Re: accessing email away from computer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 05:39:46 GMT

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:43:29 GMT, "Julie Krenz" <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote:

I've seen sites  where you can join up and access your email from a different
computer. Is it a good/safe thing to do? I'm going away soon and I'd like to
keep up with my emails from my parents computer. Any advice is appreciated.
Here is one site I saw http://www.mailstart.com/

I'm no computer geek, so please keep your answers simple ;-)

Mostly safe, yes.

I've used mailstart.com - it works.

I also have my Yahoo! mail account setup to check my 3 main non-Yahoo!
addresses.  I prefer to use Yahoo! now, mainly because I like the
interface and I actually use it for dealing with a couple of things.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?